Your basket is currently empty
At Folder Printing Direct we promote the protection of the environment through our ISO 14001 accredited management processes within the work place.
Where possible recycled materials are used or FSC paper from sustainable forests, as well as ECF (elemental chlorine free) paper, TCF (totally chlorine free) paper and vegetable-based printing inks. Any chemicals used in the process are approved substances and recycled through Environmental Agency licensed companies (J&G Environmental), in conformance with the 2005 Hazardous Waste Directive.
Wherever possible we add water to chemicals and aim to limit their use or eradicate them altogether. Our state-of-the-art machinery is designed to reduce chemical waste and energy consumption as part of a concerted effort on behalf of the company to maintain a code of environmental best practice.
DWJ Group is particularly proud to be one of the first companies in the UK to use new chemistry-free plates in our computer-toplate systems. These revolutionary plates require no processing after exposure and entirely eliminate the use of harmful developer. Additionally DWJ Group is one of just a few printers in the UK to have installed a PowerPerfector voltage optimisation unit in its main factory, reducung annual electrical consumption by up to 20%.
Our guiding principles of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle are adopted wherever possible throughout the company. This has seen a dramatic reduction in packaging waste and an increase in what we recycle. Recycling of all our waste paper, board, plates and plastic is a prerequisite, as is the use of vegetable based inks whenever practical. In addition, all office paper, board, CDs, cans and plastic are recycled. We also encourage staff to utilise electronic document management where possible and to duplex all printed documents in order to reduce paper consumption.
As part of our responsibility to our employees and the community we live within, we adhere to a Health & Safety policy, a comprehensive set of risk assessments and COSSH files, all of which are regularly reviewed and updated. Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of our values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business. Wherever possible we source goods and services locally as part of our commitment to sustainable procurement. We assess the sustainability of companies within our supply chain prior to approval and favour suppliers on location and environmental best practice.
Our environmental statement and objectives are reviewed throughout the year with regular communication of our environmental performance to our employees and significant stakeholders.
Sustainability Policy Statement
The Directors are committed to minimising the environmental impact of the Company's activities via continuous improvement in environmental performance and will seek to develop an ethos of environmental responsibility in all its staff, as well as in the management of its Estate. The Directors recognise that in pursuing the Company's business objectives, there is opportunity to protect its immediate environment and by exercising proper control over its activities the Company will promote the use of sustainable resources and discourage wasteful or damaging practices. Accordingly, it is the policy of the Company to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and take such additional environmental protection measures as it considers necessary.
- Maintain an Environmental Management System accredited to ISO14000 standard.
- Promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues among all staff and where possible, the external community.
- Integrate environmental management policies and practices into every level and every department of the Company.
- Manage and conserve energy and water efficiently within all its premises.
- Reduce waste of natural resources, promote waste reduction and recycling and through tendering and purchasing procedures promote sustainable development.
- Regulate all waste production and disposal and discourage litter, graffiti and noise pollution.
- Reduce and where practicable prevent pollution by avoiding the unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes and take all possible steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health where such materials are in essential use.
- Promote the use of less environmentally damaging transport options.
- Consider the environmental impact of any new Company development.
- Maintain the Company's estate in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Consider the environmental impact of decommissioning and disposal of assets.
- Encourage `bottom-up' initiatives to improve environmental performance.
- Ensure that this policy and all reports and reviews of environmental performance are communicated to all staff and are available to the public.
The policy statement will be regularly reviewed and update as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.